SEO - Search Engine Optimization is a crucial part of promoting a brand or business. It is one of the best practices to bring traffic to your website. So does it work?
Of course it does - Google is one of the biggest, most frequently used websites in the world and there are billions of searches every day. More importantly - millions of companies make billions of dollars from SEO, including Google (via PPC) which makes money thanks to ever better content and ever better standards indexing content and how web content is presented to search engines. Take a look at some of the companies who make money from SEO: Ebay, Amazon, Expedia, Quora, Facebook, Microsoft, Walmart, etc etc.
Try competing against a site that is actively working on their SEO and you're not...you won’t beat them. SEO is long run thinking. This is holistic marketing approach and it is always evolving. SEO is a slow process but it works quite well.
There are a lot of websites which are sustaining only because of Search engine optimization. And since it is completely organic, companies save a lot in their marketing budgets. SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is a great way to market your website online. It helps with google’s search ranking of your website. Therefore the rule of thumb is that if you can make SEO work for you, your website/landing page will soar up the Google search pages.
the question is, does it really work?
Obviously SEO works. Otherwise, searching anything in the google search engine wouldn’t have given us the exact things or even suggesting the thing close or related to them. E.g. : if you are hungry, no matter where ever you are or whatever you want to eat. You don’t know the local restaurants? Just type the food name. Based on your location data, google will search out the best place to have your desired food. It may look simple to us but the whole work is the result of endless backend work of SEO.
First we need to understand why SEO is important,
1. It increases your chances of being noticed on google search engines.
2. The higher you are on google search engines, the more likely your website would be clicked.
So what is important in an SEO plan?
1. Good website structure.
2. Web-optimised website
3. Rich content that is helpful and original
4. Good social media presence. (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc…) Because SEO is not the only thing that works well in getting traffic, as more and more people come to your website via Social Media, so Social Media Optimization is very important too.
All these when combined will significantly increase your chances to being found on google search engines even easier! But don’t forget…high quality content is very important!
Advantages of SEO:
1. There are people searching for your products or services on search engines.
2. SEO pulls-in quality traffic
3. SEO traffic is more likely to convert
4. SEO increases sales and leads
5. SEO can decrease your cost per acquisition
6. SEO does not involve any paid advertising
7. Top SEO rankings provides 24/7 promotion
8. SEO builds trust and credibility
9. SEO is a long-term strategy
10. SEO makes your customers more informed
11. SEO influences purchasing decisions
12. SEO increases your brand awareness and equity
13. SEO increases customer attribution or “touches”
14. SEO receives 90% more clicks than PPC
15. SEO can increase your website referrals
16. SEO is measurable
17. SEO drives offline sales
18. SEO is more cost-effective than paid advertising
19. Your competitors are using SEO to grow
20. SEO can give smaller businesses an edge on larger companies
21. SEO will help you gain market share
22. SEO will help you break into new markets
23. SEO increases the value of your business
24. SEO integrates all of your online marketing activities
25. SEO improves your overall marketing ROI
26. SEO is the best PR strategy
27. SEO will increase your social media followers
28. SEO will increase your email newsletter subscribers
29. SEO will increase your blog traffic
30. SEO improves your website’s click-through-rate
31. SEO improves your website’s time-on-site
32. SEO improves the safety and security of your website
33. SEO improves the speed of your website
34. SEO will improve the user experience of your website
35. SEO is growing business opportunity
36. SEO is attract users mobile
37. SEO will help you stand out
38. SEO is laser-targeted
39. SEO traffic is the real deal
40. SEO rankings last forever
41. SEO can eliminate cold-calling and other traditional strategies
42. SEO can double, triple, or quadruple your business
43. SEO can help you attract talent
44. SEO is Affordable
45. SEO is the smartest marketing investment you can make